PLEASE NOTE THE VITORA TYRELIFE GUARANTEE PROGRAM CEASED ON 1 NOVEMBER 2018. THE VITORA TYRELIFE PROGRAM ONLY APPLIES TO VITORA TYRES PURCHASED AS A SET OF 4 TYRES FROM AN AUTHORISED VITORA DEALER (TYREPOWER MEMBER) DURING THE PERIOD 1 JANUARY 2017 TO 31 OCTOBER 2018 AND WHICH PURCHASE WAS REGISTERED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF PURCHASE. SEE SECTION B BELOW FOR FULL ELIGIBILITY TERMS & CONDITIONS.
VITORA TYRES SOLD IN AUSTRALIA (AS PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS) WILL BE COVERED UNDER THE VITORA TYRELIFE PROGRAM GIVING YOU ABSOLUTE PEACE OF MIND
By choosing VITORA Tyres you have certainly made a right decision. What you would not want in life is for your expensive tyres to be destroyed by unexpected road hazards such as nails, debris and potholes.
VITORA wants your driving experience on VITORA Tyres to be the best at all times!
Therefore, at a cost not to exceed $25.00 (incl. GST), VITORA offers you benefits under the VITORA TYRELIFE Program (as detailed in these terms) as a means to say thank you for purchasing VITORA tyres.
The VITORA TYRELIFE Program consists of the following benefits:
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- 2 Year Tyre Damage Warranty
- 2 Year Tyre Roadside Assistance
A. Terms of the VITORA TYRELIFE Program – Defined Terms
‘Authorised VITORA Dealer’ means a tyre dealer authorised to sell and fit VITORA Tyres within Australia, and detailed at https://vitora.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
‘Road Hazard Tyre Damage’ means accidental damage caused to a VITORA Tyre due to unseen road hazards such as punctures, accidental cuts, accidental curb damage, impact breaks (e.g. potholes) and other damage caused by unforeseen road hazards (but excluding an Unauthorised Event).
‘VITORA TYRELIFE Program Registration’ means the registration process detailed in these terms at item 3 under ‘A. Terms & Conditions of the VITORA TYRELIFE Program’.
‘VITORA’ means Tyremax Pty Ltd (ACN 111 414 218) of 1 Heyington Avenue, Thomastown, Victoria.
‘VITORA Tyre’ means any VITORA branded tyre, other than any TBR (Truck and Bus Radial) tyre larger than 17.5” in diameter (inclusive of 17.5”), that is the subject of a VITORA TYRELIFE Program Registration.
‘Registration Details’ means:
(a) your contact details, being your name, address, contact phone and email details;
(b) your vehicle registration details, vehicle make, model & mileage (to which the VITORA Tyres had been fitted to by an Authorised VITORA Dealer); and
(c) the VITORA Tyres purchased, including pattern, size & tyre pressures (if applicable).
‘Tyre Tread’ means the depth of tyre tread remaining on a VITORA Tyre, the subject of a claim under the VITORA TYRELIFE Program, at the time of claim (based & measured on the manufacturer’s new tread depth specifications).
‘Unauthorised Event’ means damage caused to a VITORA Tyre due to:
(a) mechanical and/or wheel alignment issues;
(b) under-inflation, over-inflation, and/or improper maintenance;
(c) vandalism or other intentional damage;
(d) competition/racing and/or commercial/industrial use;
(e) using a VITORA Tyre on an unsealed road surface or in off-road conditions.
‘You’ or ‘you’ means the original purchaser of the VITORA Tyres from an Authorised VITORA Dealer.
B. Terms of the VITORA TYRELIFE Program – General
The VITORA TYRELIFE Program:
- only applies to VITORA Tyres purchased as a set of 4 tyres from an Authorised VITORA Dealer between 1 January 2017 and 31 October 2018;
- is not transferrable i.e. only entitles you to its benefits;
- only applies if you have paid a participation fee (not to exceed $25.00 incl. GST) to the Authorised VITORA Dealer that you purchased the VITORA Tyres from, and, within 14 days of purchase, registered your purchase of VITORA Tyres online providing all Registration Details as part of that registration process, at https://vitora.com.au/terms-and-conditions/;
- does not apply to any VITORA Tyre removed from the original vehicle on which it was fitted by an Authorised VITORA Dealer at the time of purchase;
- does not apply to a VITORA Tyre damaged due to an Unauthorised Event;
- does not provide compensation for loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage caused;
- does not apply or extend to a vehicle’s rims or other componentry; and
- is provided in addition to your rights as a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
Being an optional warranty (i.e. a warranty in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer law), the VITORA TYRELIFE Program shall only apply if each of the above matters are fully satisfied whether or not you were aware of, or made aware of, the terms and conditions of the VITORA TYRELIFE Program either prior to, at the time of, or subsequent to your purchase of a set of 4 VITORA Tyres from an Authorised VITORA Dealer.
C. Terms – 2 Year Tyre Damage Warranty
What is covered?
For any VITORA Tyre purchased that is damaged beyond repair due to Road Hazard Tyre Damage, VITORA will replace the VITORA Tyre damaged (unless VITORA or its Authorised VITORA Dealer elect to repair the VITORA Tyre damaged) with a new comparable VITORA Tyre within 2 years of purchase.
In the case of a repair being carried out, you shall be responsible for all charges involved in the removal, repair and fitting of the VITORA Tyre to your vehicle.
In the case of a replacement VITORA Tyre, you shall be responsible for (1) all charges involved in the removal and fitting of the VITORA Tyre to your vehicle, and (2) the following pro-rata charges:
(a) in the case of a VITORA Tyre having a Tyre Tread greater than 50%, no charge;
(b) in the case of a VITORA Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 30% and 50%, a charge equal to 50% of the replacement tyre cost;
(c) in the case of a VITORA Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 15% and 30%, a charge equal to 70% of the replacement tyre cost; and
(d) in the case of a VITORA Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 10% and 15%, a charge equal to 80% of the replacement tyre cost.
What is not covered?
VITORA Tyre damage caused by an Unauthorised Event or VITORA Tyres having a Tyre Tread of less than 10%.
Claim process – qualifications & exclusions
- A claim must be made to any Authorised VITORA Dealer within 2 years from the date of purchase.
- A claim must be made by completing a claim form (to be supplied by the Authorised VITORA Dealer), together with (1) evidence of VITORA TYRELIFE Program Registration, and (2) the original customer invoice the subject of the VITORA Tyres purchase.
- VITORA or its Authorised VITORA Dealer may elect to repair a VITORA Tyre unless the tyre is deemed unserviceable (e.g. unable to be repaired by a repair patch or similar).
- VITORA or its Authorised Dealer has the right to inspect a VITORA Tyre, the subject of a claim under this warranty, to assess and verify eligibility for the claim.
- VITORA Tyres replaced in accordance with this warranty become the property of VITORA.
D. Terms – 2 Year Tyre Roadside Assistance
What is covered?
For any VITORA Tyre purchased, you will enjoy a 2 year free roadside assistance (from the date of purchase) for any Road Hazard Tyre Damage you encounter with your VITORA Tyre. In such a case, help is on its way!
Roadside assistance can be accessed by way of a dedicated phone line 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in Australia.
What is not covered?
Damage caused to a VITORA Tyre due to an Unauthorised Event, or roadside assistance required due to an event other than Road Hazard Tyre Damage.
Claim process – qualifications & exclusions
- A request for roadside assistance may be made by you within 2 years from the VITORA Tyre purchase date.
- A request for roadside assistance must be substantiated, if requested, by (1) evidence of VITORA TYRELIFE Program Registration, and (2) the original customer invoice the subject of the VITORA Tyres purchase.
- Roadside assistance provided to you as a result of either (1) damage caused to a VITORA Tyre due to an Unauthorised Event, or (2) an event other than Road Hazard Tyre Damage, will be at your own cost. To the extent that VITORA incurs a cost associated with roadside assistance provided as a result of such an event, you must reimburse to VITORA such cost immediately on demand.
- You must comply with all requirements of the roadside assistance provider, as advised from time to time.
- VITORA Tyres replaced as a consequence of roadside assistance provided become the property of VITORA.
If you have any questions, or have any general enquiries, please contact us here.
Terms & Conditions updated 30/11/2018